Department of Finance & Accounts
The Finance and Accounts is a full-fledged support department in the Institute.
The department has a total of 18 staff comprising 6 Management Staff, 11 Senior staff and a Secretary to the department.
Out of these staff, there are 12 qualified Accountants comprising of 3 from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) while 9 are from Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN).
The headship of the department is based on seniority in line with Public Service Rule.
Presently, the department is headed by a Deputy Director, who is acting Director of Finance and Accounts.
The department has three divisions. The Divisions are;
- Finance, and
The Accounts and Finance divisions are headed by Assistant Director each while the Budget division is headed by a Deputy Director.
The Accounts division has three units consisting of Final Account, Other Charges and Payroll.
Finance division has two units consisting of Cash Office and Revenue while Budget division is stand-alone.
The Finance and Accounts department relates directly with other MDAs of the Federal Government of Nigeria such as:
- The Federal Ministry of HEALTH which is the parent Ministry of the Institute
- The Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning
- Central Bank of Nigeria
- The Office of the Accountant General of the Federation
- The Office of the Auditor General of the Federation
- Federal Inland Revenue Services
- Fiscal Responsibility Commission
- The Budget Office of the Federation
- Pharmacist Council of Nigeria
- The National Assembly
- The Tax Boards of all the States and Federal Capital Territory, and
- Other Local and International bodies.
The department has an External Auditor that audit the financial statement of the Institute on a yearly basis.
The financial transactions of the Institute managed by the department runs on the Federal Government (FGN) approved standards.
All budgeted funding to the Institute are managed by the Government Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS) platform while all revenue funds are on the Remita platform.
All foreign funded projects in form of grants are managed through the Central Bank of Nigeria.