The NIPRD Consultancy Services Unit
The creation of NIPRD Consultancy Services was first initiated on 17 December 1996 with the inauguration of a committee to facilitate the successful take-off of the Unit. The Unit was later established with full operation in year 1999 with goals in four areas.
- Research & Development Services
- Immediate (local) and Professional Community Service
- Public Relations Service for NIPRD
- Recovery of funds for Revolving R&D Services
The Unit has a Management Committee responsible for setting its broad policies and guidelines, and a Coordinating Committee comprising representatives of the service providing centres of the Institute, to effectively manage the process of rendering quality services to clients. However, the Coordinating Committee and the day-to-day operation of the Unit is headed by the “Coordinator / Head of Consultancy Services” who is an appointee of the Chief Executive.
Following our attainment of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Certification, we are now well-positioned to provide Quality Analytical Services that meet international testing standards of GLP and GCLP, to our esteemed stakeholders and partners, especially in the pharmaceutical manufacturing, cosmetic, food, agro-allied, and biotech industry and academia.
Services available include:
- Drug Quality Services
- Uniformity of Dosage Unit (UDU) – including weight variation & content uniformity.
- Dissolution testing
- Loss on drying (LOD) determination
- HPLC Analysis
- Spectrophotometric analysis
- pH measurement
Other Laboratory Services:
- Drug Stability /Shelf-life
- Drug formulation
- Drug Disintegration, Friability and Hardness
- DSC studies
- Toxicity or safety study
- Efficacy study (immunomodulatory, anti-inflammation, antimalaria, antimicrobial including TB, diabetes, sickle cell disease, antiulcer, reproductive/fertility, etc)
- Elemental analysis
- Water analysis
- Food analysis
- Microbial Load/count – including biochemical characterization or organisms
- CNS/Behavioural studies
- Herbal product analysis
- Clinical Trials
- Clinical laboratory diagnostic services
- QMS / QA &QC for Laboratories and production facilities
- Equipment use including procedures, precautions, prequalification, etc.
- SOP development
- Methods development/validation
- Technical concepts /research procedures
The Consultancy also offer Laboratory Bench Space for Academic Research and Research Staff Exchange.
All application for services should be addressed to;
The Director General, National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD),
Plot 7-9, Idu Industrial Layout Idu, PMB 21, Garki, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria.
For further enquiries, submission of Samples and collection of Test Results, contact NIPRD Consultancy Services at: +234 902 408 7833;
While we look forward to your patronage, we assure you of quality services always.
Henry Omoregie Egharevba, PhD, FICCON, FCSN, MRSC (UK)
Coordinator, Consultancy Services.